Topic: Cantor's absurdity, once again, why not?
Replies: 77   Last Post: Mar 19, 2013 11:02 PM

ross.finlayson@gmail.com

Re: Cantor's absurdity, once again, why not?

On Mar 17, 6:45 pm, Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
<spamt...@library.lspace.org.invalid> wrote:
> In <DPWdncbt4PfeGN_MnZ2dnUVZ_qydn...@giganews.com>, on 03/14/2013
>    at 09:19 PM, fom <fomJ...@nyms.net> said:
>

> >Among all of the possible statement concerning a philosophy of
> >mathematics that you could have chosen, the one you did is exactly
> >the negation of my philosophy.

> See <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sokal_affair>.
>
> --
> Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz, SysProg and JOAT  <http://patriot.net/~shmuel>
>
> Unsolicited bulk E-mail subject to legal action.  I reserve the
> right to publicly post or ridicule any abusive E-mail.  Reply to
> domain Patriot dot net user shmuel+news to contact me.  Do not
> reply to spamt...@library.lspace.org

Well, poster "fom" might be a robot, or of remarkably high output
marked by extensive symbolic manipulation of large finite diagrams and
reference, but his output is quite sensical. Personally I think it's
remarkable and excellent.

For mechanical semantic interpretation, I wonder: which program,
given a sufficiently large corpus of an author's writings, could write
in the same style, then as to be indistinguishable to those with
varying levels of familiarity with the author, of beyond a Turing test
(in as to whether a communicator is a live person, or a construct of
artifice), a versimilitude test (or Doppelganger), as to familiarity
of the domain and person, and here, co-authors.

Here then back to "Cantor's absurdity, once again, why not?", of the
names of names and on to Grelling and the autoheterological, and to
the limits of constructible difference to the countable, in as to
discussions about V vis-a-vis L the constructible universe, and as to
how the names or for that matter: distinct structure would be
exhausted before the uncountable, then it is as to: a set is defined
by its elements, that's its name, and there are as many of those as
there are of them. The set is its elements is its name.

So, "fom", are you an artifice or naturally born man (in the
biological sense as to species)? I guess we're all artifices of a
sort.

Heh that levity as it were aside, then it is of further interest,
philosophically, in the rejection of extensionality: what is
preserved, that extensionality is generally preserved, equality is
associative, then to the balance of identity, and variety. Why must
it be one or the other and not both? Back to the dialetheic,
rejection of LEM for the paraconsistent isn't necessarily total
rejection: what symmetry, what force, what quantity: is in as to
names, and identity.

Regards,

Ross Finlayson

Date Subject Author
3/14/13
Read Cantor's absurdity, once again, why not?
David Petry
3/14/13
Read Re: Cantor's absurdity, once again, why not?
fom
3/14/13
Read Re: Cantor's absurdity, once again, why not?
David Petry
3/14/13
Read Re: Cantor's absurdity, once again, why not?
fom
3/14/13
Read Re: Cantor's absurdity, once again, why not?
David Petry
3/14/13
Read Re: Cantor's absurdity, once again, why not?
fom
3/17/13
Read Re: Cantor's absurdity, once again, why not?
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
3/17/13
Read Re: Cantor's absurdity, once again, why not?
ross.finlayson@gmail.com
3/18/13
Read Re: Cantor's absurdity, once again, why not?
fom
3/18/13
Read Re: Cantor's absurdity, once again, why not?
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
3/19/13
Read Re: Cantor's absurdity, once again, why not?
fom
3/14/13
Read Re: Cantor's absurdity, once again, why not?
Virgil
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
[...]
harold james
3/14/13
Read Re: Cantor's absurdity, once again, why not?
Virgil
3/14/13
Read Re: Cantor's absurdity, once again, why not?
fom
3/14/13
Read Re: Cantor's absurdity, once again, why not?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
3/14/13
Read Re: Cantor's absurdity, once again, why not?
Virgil
3/14/13
Read Re: Cantor's absurdity, once again, why not?
fom
3/14/13
Read Re: Cantor's absurdity, once again, why not?
Jesse F. Hughes
3/14/13
Read Re: Cantor's absurdity, once again, why not?
fom
3/14/13
Read Re: Cantor's absurdity, once again, why not?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
3/14/13
Read Re: Cantor's absurdity, once again, why not?
fom
3/14/13
Read Re: Cantor's absurdity, once again, why not?
David Petry
3/15/13
Read Re: Cantor's absurdity, once again, why not?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
3/15/13
Read Re: Cantor's absurdity, once again, why not?
Virgil
3/15/13
Read Re: Cantor's absurdity, once again, why not?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
3/15/13
Read Re: Cantor's absurdity, once again, why not?
Virgil
3/15/13
Read Re: Cantor's absurdity, once again, why not?
fom
3/16/13
Read Re: Cantor's absurdity, once again, why not?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
3/16/13
Read Re: Cantor's absurdity, once again, why not?
FredJeffries@gmail.com
3/16/13
[...]
Read Re: WM's absurdity, once again, why not?
Virgil
3/17/13