Topic: Intersection point of 2 perpendicular lines
Replies: 1   Last Post: Mar 18, 2013 2:51 AM

Derek Goring

Re: Intersection point of 2 perpendicular lines

On Monday, March 18, 2013 6:07:14 PM UTC+13, Mike Fleming wrote:
> I'm trying to mesh a circle with a tesselation method.
>

> I want to find intersections points between 2 perpendicular lines.
>

> My lines are in the form vLine = line(start point, end point)
>
> same for my horizontal line(hLine).
>

> I'm trying to write a finction that takes in both of the lines with this header:
>

> function [Intersection] = LineIntersection(Hline, Vline)
>

> This is where I'm stuck:
>
> Intersection = [Hline(2), Vline(1)]
>

> My plan is to retrieve the coordinates out of both of the lines.
>

> So for the vertical lines I would try to get the x coordinates, and for the horizontal lines I would try to get the y coordinates.
>

> There does not seem to be a striagforwad way to do this that i have found. I'm thinking I need to not use the = line(SP, EP) approach. But I would like to stick with it if I could.
>

> Thanks,
>

> Mike

Excuse me, but isn't blindingly obvious?
If the horizontal line is defined by (-inf,yh) to (inf,yh), and
the vertical line is defined by (xv,-inf) to (xv,inf), then
the point of intersection is (drum rollllllllll):
(xv,yv)