Topic: Maths pedagaogy
Replies: 57   Last Post: Mar 21, 2013 9:47 PM

Paul

Re: Maths pedagaogy

On Monday, March 18, 2013 12:59:12 PM UTC, Frederick Williams wrote:
> pepstein5@gmail.com wrote:
>

> > [...] I'm sure I'd have lots of questions and that would open up a great multilogue (meaning a dialogue but extended to more than two views)
>

> It pleases me to be able to report that the "di" bit of "dialogue" has
>
> nothing to do with two people.

It pleases me greatly to be able to learn this. I've never heard the word "duologue" before. I'm surprised it's so rare because the concept of a conversation between two parties (and no more) is an extremely common one. Maybe people don't use the word "duologue" much because many are as shamefully ignorant as I am and assume that the definition of "dialogue" is the same as what I thought it was.

Paul Epstein

Date Subject Author
3/17/13
Read Maths pedagaogy