Topic: Error using plot Vectors must be the same lengths.
Replies: 2   Last Post: Mar 19, 2013 9:51 PM

Kristin

Re: Error using plot Vectors must be the same lengths.

"Chris " <ccimine00@ccny.cuny.edu> wrote in message <khi704$cp6$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> So I am somewhat new to matlab and am getting this error when i run this code: Error using plot Vectors must be the same lengths. I believe everything in my code is correct just it wont run. PLEASE HELP!
>
> clf
> close all
>
> s=0:0.1:6;
> L=8.4;
> P=800;
> B=[P*cosd(20); -P*sind(20); 0];
>
> for i=1:length(s)
> x(i)=(L^2-49+(14*s(i)))/(2*L);
> y(i)=sqrt(x(i)^2-s(i)^2);
> A1=[ 1, 0, (((7-s(i))/(L-x(i)))-(s(i)/x(i)))];
> A2=[ 0, 1, ((y(i)/(L-x(i)))+(y(i)/x(i)))];
> A3=[ 5.1, 3.5, ((7*y(i))/x(i))];
> A=[ A1; A2; A3];
> T(:,i)=A\B;
> end
>
> figure
> plot(s,T(1,:),s,T(2,:),s,T(3,:),'LineWidth',1)
> xlabel('s[Meters]','FontSize',16)
> ylabel('Tension[Newtons]','FontSize',16)
> title('Tension in the rope as a function of s','FontSize',16)

>> help plot

PLOT(X1,Y1,S1,X2,Y2,S2,X3,Y3,S3,...) combines the plots defined by
the (X,Y,S) triples, where the X's and Y's are vectors or matrices
and the S's are strings.