Topic: Mathworks final decision on Mac OS X?
Replies: 12   Last Post: May 30, 2001 9:20 AM

Tom Davis

Re: Mathworks final decision on Mac OS X?

In article <9eh185$ej5$1@news.mathworks.com>, moler@acoma.mathworks.com
(Cleve Moler) wrote:

> In article <9egu69$qih$1@news.duke.edu>, Surajit Nundy <sn10@duke.edu> wrote:
>

> > Does anyone know if the Mathworks has made a final decision on
> > whether to release a Mac OS X version?

> Hi --
>
> Our position is unchanged -- we continue to monitor the situation.
>
> -- Cleve Moler
> moler@mathworks.com

If you do decide to develop for MacOS X, will you announce the fact before
beginning serious development? This would be nice for those of us waiting
anxiously for a commitment.

I could be wrong about this, but I think the Mac community would be happy
with an initial release of just MATLAB and the most popular toolboxes.

Tom