Topic: Mathworks final decision on Mac OS X?
Replies: 12   Last Post: May 30, 2001 9:20 AM

Will Satterthwaite

Re: X-windows source recompile for Mac OS X?

In article <9ej8sa$k5f$1@news.duke.edu>,
"Surajit Nundy" <sn10@duke.edu> wrote:

> I just compiled (and am running) enlightenment, the GIMP, XFree86 with gcc
> on Mac OS X with no problems at all.
> If this is possible, could someone enlighten me on why it is not possible
> for the Mathworks to compile an X-windows version of this application for OS
> X?
> Thanks,
> Surajit Nundy

Have you tried compiling Octave? It's been a bit tricky from what I

That said, I would gladly pay for the Mac OSX version of Matlab if it
ever became available. But with only a frozen Classic Mac OS version
available I'll hold out for Octave and live with its limitations.