Topic: Saved my bacon!
Replies: 4   Last Post: Mar 22, 2013 11:28 PM

Tom Potter

Re: Saved my bacon!

"Lofty Goat" <rlwatkins@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 22 Mar 2013 09:49:57 -0500, Sam Wormley wrote:
>

>> On 3/22/13 12:37 AM, Tom Potter wrote:
>>> I have more time invested in organizing Firefox than in all of the
>>> other programs I have, and I made the mistake of resetting Firefox and
>>> lost my add-ons, Speeddial settings, bookmarks, history, bookmarklets,
>>> passwords, cookies, etc.

>> Moral for Potter: don't get too dependent on any one piece software.

> Ironically FF stores all that config in a couple of text files, which can
> be copied to a timestamped backup by a couple of lines of script behind a
> desktop icon.

The advantage of the Hekasoft program is
that it makes it simple to backup and restore
data from many programs.

You don't have to find the files to copy
and where to copy them,
and you don't have to write or edit a script.

Just push pull click click.
Save bacon that quick.

--
Tom Potter