Topic: Few questions on forcing, large cardinals
Replies: 17   Last Post: Mar 30, 2013 1:21 PM

fom

Re: Few questions on forcing, large cardinals

On 3/23/2013 4:34 PM, Ross A. Finlayson wrote:

> In a sense, infinity _is_ the numbers. Start from even more
> fundamental objects than natural numbers as elements. Like the
> numbers, they are as different as they can be and as same as they can
> be, where they are each different in not being any other and each same
> in being defined by that difference. There's no stop to that, it's
> gone on, forever. Then, in a way like when you look into the void, it
> looks into you

Is this your way of saying that if you look
into the void, you and the void become one?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cantor-Bernstein-Schroeder_theorem

Just kiddding....

I think Cantor would appreciate your sentiment that
the numbers of Cantor's paradise are more fundamental
than those of Kronecker's torment.