Topic: Using Matlab or Simulink to produce an 'active' Chart from Excel Data
Replies: 1   Last Post: Mar 23, 2013 5:43 PM

Re: Using Matlab or Simulink to produce an 'active' Chart from Excel Data

"Jason Reid" <k1004567@kingston.ac.uk> wrote in message <khnjlm$oro$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Hi everyone,
> I have four sets of data in Microsoft Excel that I would like to plot on a Bar Chart or similar to provide a means of comparison. However I have 719 columns of this data. What I would like to do is to have an 'active' Bar Chart which cycles through the 719 columns of the four sets of data.
> My thoughts are that I should be able to find software that will enable me to produce a Bar Chart that is capable of being set up to cycle through the data and thus provide an 'active' Chart.
> Is there a way of using Matlab or Simulink to do this?, or is there an alternative software you suggest that would be better suited?
> I hope this makes sense if not please let me know and I will try to clarify, any help with this would be much appreciated.
> Many Thanks,
> Jason

I think the first thing to do would be to import the data into Matlab, from Excel. right here, here are several options to do just that:

Also, see this:

That should help you with the Excel stuff, as well as the plotting stuff.