Topic: How can I unique name and values the same together?
Replies: 1   Last Post: Mar 24, 2013 12:40 AM

Derek Goring

Re: How can I unique name and values the same together?

On Sunday, March 24, 2013 5:24:16 PM UTC+13, Phuc wrote:
> TideMan <mulgor@gmail.com> wrote in message <5194129d-8d76-48d2-be48-ef2187061ed1@googlegroups.com>...
>

> > On Sunday, March 24, 2013 4:34:06 PM UTC+13, Phuc wrote:
>
> > > Example:
>

> > > a 1
>

> > > a 2
>

> > > b 3
>

> > > c 4
>

> > > I want to unique only names:
>

> > > a 1 2
>

> > > b 3
>

> > > c 4
>

> > > How can I do that? Thanks everyone.
>

> > Do it this way, with a structure:
>
> > s.a=[1 2];
>
> > s.b=3;
>
> > s.c=4;
>

> Thank TideMan but I think it quite manual, if I have a large amount of data, I can't use structure manual like that.
>
> For example, if I have:
>
> a 1
>
> a 2
>
> a 3
>
> a 4
>
> b 5
>
> b 6
>
> c 7
>

> I want it to become:
>
> a 1 2 3 4
>
> b 5 6
>
> c 7
>

> I can't type by hand manually like your way. Do you have another way?

I have lots of ways, but as Nasser says, this is not allowable in Matlab:
> a 1 2 3 4
> b 5 6
> c 7

What are you getting at?
You need to explain yourself more clearly.