Topic: spine-axis of Cosmos and locations of superclusters and voids #1427
ATOM TOTALITY 5th ed

Replies: 2   Last Post: Mar 24, 2013 1:10 AM

plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com

Local Group of galaxies follows the same pattern as faraway galaxies?
#1428 ATOM TOTALITY 5th ed

On Mar 22, 5:14 pm, Archimedes Plutonium
<plutonium.archime...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Alright, I had a look to see if mathematics geometry has a better name
> for "spine axis", and the answer is no.
>
> What geometry would call this spine-axis is this:
>
> Given a point on the surface of the cylinder, there exists one and
> only one straight line segment produced by that point and is the
> height of the cylinder.
>
> I am going to call it a spine-axis.
>
> And the Universe of galaxies shows us the spine axis to be a straight
> line from Earth that goes to Virgo and Centaurus and Great Attractor
> superclusters in one direction and to Perseus-Pisces P-P supercluster
> in the opposite direction as shown in this atlas:
>
> http://www.atlasoftheuniverse.com/nearsc.html

Now I am looking to see if the local group of galaxies near the Milky
Way follows this same
spine-axis as the galaxies far away follows.

http://www.atlasoftheuniverse.com/localgr.html

Now some of these pictures are difficult to reckon with but if I am
not mistaken it looks as though the Andromeda galaxy along with the
Triangulum galaxy is part of the Virgo supercluster in the same spine
axis as the Centaurus supercluster and in the opposite direction we
have the Leo galaxies and the Sextans galaxies pointing in the way of
the Perseus-Pisces supercluster. But the amazing feature is that few
if any galaxies are to either side of this straight-line spine axis.
Maybe I am misreading the picture. But if I am not, then the small
local group seems to follow the same pattern as the larger atlas of
far away superclusters.

--

Only Drexel's Math Forum has done a excellent, simple and fair author-
archiving of AP posts for the past 15 years as seen here:

Archimedes Plutonium
http://www.iw.net/~a_plutonium