Topic: K-12 Teachers, Teaching with Technology (T^3) Regional Conference on LI
Replies: 11   Last Post: Mar 25, 2013 8:03 AM

edward mertson

RE: 8th grade assessment
att1.html (9.4 K)

Are any schools struggling with the 8th grade honors curriculum and deciding where to focus their students' efforts - 8th grade assessment or the Algebra Regents?
Or should I rephrase the question... How are schools deciding where to focus their students' efforts....

Ed Mertson
Newark Valley High School

From: owner-nyshsmath@mathforum.org [mailto:owner-nyshsmath@mathforum.org] On Behalf Of Iva Jean Tennant
Sent: Friday, March 22, 2013 10:53 PM
To: nyshsmath@mathforum.org
Subject: Re: 8th grade assessment

yes--they sit with their cohort, so would take the 8th grade exam as that is their cohurt.
I have a 6th grader taking my accelerated 7th math class but she will sit for the 6th grade assessment

Iva Jean Tennant
Immediate Past President of Association of Mathematics Teachers of NYS
Past President of AMTST
People to People Student Ambassador Delegation Leader