Replies: 101   Last Post: Apr 7, 2013 10:38 PM

David Petry

On Monday, March 25, 2013 1:27:46 PM UTC-7, fom wrote:
> On 3/25/2013 11:14 AM, david petry wrote:

> > It is falsifiability that gives mathematics meaning.

> Meaning can be a complicated question. Typically,
> in the modern sense of meaning, the meaning of a
> statement is now taken to be its truth conditions.

I guess that by "in the modern sense" you mean that some kind of consensus has been reached by the elite philosophers you think are worth listening to. I really doubt that a majority of intelligent people would agree with that consensus.

Date Subject Author
David Petry
fom
David Petry