Replies: 101   Last Post: Apr 7, 2013 10:38 PM

fom

On 3/25/2013 9:32 PM, david petry wrote:
> On Monday, March 25, 2013 2:19:09 PM UTC-7, Dan wrote:
>> On Mar 25, 7:14 pm, david petry <david_lawrence_pe...@yahoo.com>
>> wrote:

>>> It is falsifiability that gives mathematics meaning.
>

>> Science originated from mathematics , not the other way around .
>

> I doubt there's any truth to that at all.
>
> We are born scientists. Children seek to understand the world around them; they do science.

Childhood is a complex phenomenon

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magical_thinking#In_children

It is not difficult for me to interpret the "is permitted that"
and "is obligatory that" of deontic logic as applying to what
children learn about the physical world as well as the cultural
world in which they find themselves.

Deontic logic is not typically applied in this way, but one
may certainly ask if what you mean is "science" or if what you
mean is "learning about the do's and dont's" of the state
of affairs that constitutes a child's world.

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/logic-deontic/challenges.html

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/logic-deontic/

Date Subject Author
David Petry