Topic: The function textscan
Replies: 9   Last Post: Mar 28, 2013 5:53 PM

dpb

Re: The function textscan

On 3/27/2013 6:46 PM, Wanderson wrote:

> Thank you for all the explanation above. I did not realize that I needed
> to reposition it. And now I saw a lot of reasons to use the textscan
> that I hadn't idea before, I'm kinda of new using MATLAB to write
> scripts and I think I'll need all the help available rsrsrs..

Sequential files are, well, "sequential". The file position is wherever
in the file it was left after the last read/write operation unless it is
physically repositioned via fseek()|frewind() or the file is closed and
reopened.

Think of it as turning pages in a book and leaving the bookmark where
you last were...