Topic: Matheology � 233
Replies: 37   Last Post: May 12, 2014 10:24 AM

rt servo

Re: Matheology § 233

On 28/03/2013 3:38 PM, fom wrote:
> On 3/28/2013 7:48 AM, WM wrote:
>>>
>> If the set of all rationals exists, then that limit exists already in
>> that set. Combining paths with loss of nodes is not useful to increase
>> the number of paths.

> But no one is talking about whether the sequence
> of rationals converging to a rational is in the
> set of rationals.
>
> The issue is a representation of apparent geometric
> completeness within an arithmetical system.

I don't think so. I think the issue is that Mueckenheim, whom someone
decided to hire as a professor of mathematics at a third-rate
institution, manages to obfuscate just enough the distinction between
repeating and non-repeating decimals when he applies them to paths, and
that he is too dense to comprehend that. Crayon marks, indeed.