Topic: finding the Translation-factor of telescopes from Voyager 1
Chapt16.12 Limits on what we can see in astronomy #1440 ATOM TOTALITY 5th ed

Replies: 5   Last Post: Mar 31, 2013 12:10 AM

mahipal7638@gmail.com

Re: finding the Translation-factor of telescopes from Voyager 1
Chapt16.12 Limits on what we can see in astronomy #1440 ATOM TOTALITY 5th ed

On Mar 28, 7:37 pm, Archimedes Plutonium
<plutonium.archime...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can any astronomer actually be honest? I mean, here we have an Oort
> Cloud that none of our telescopes has confirmed to exist and so we
> call it a
> "hypothesized Oort cloud". And if it does exist as shown in Wikipedia:

Speaking of honesty... jump to end of post for off-thread issue...

> [...]
> dominance.[4]
> The Oort cloud is thought to comprise two separate regions: a
> spherical outer Oort cloud and a disc-shaped inner Oort cloud, or
> Hills cloud. Objects in the Oort cloud are largely composed of ices,
> such as water, ammonia, and methane.
> --- end quoting ---
>
> And if it does exist as shown in Wikipedia of the Oort Cloud along
> with the Hill Cloud, they would distort any images of stars and
> galaxies that the telescopes manage to actually pick up.
>
> So we have Earth's atmosphere for distortion, and then we have the
> Oort Cloud distortion and then we would expect every star to have its
> own Oort Cloud.
>
> So repeating my question, can any astronomer be honest about the data
> and facts collected? For we have the silly situation that astronomers
> claim to see walls of galaxies and superclusters, yet they are unable
> to even see the ice planetesimals surrounding the solar system. That
> is like saying from my house on Earth, I can see a full hemisphere
> of Earth but I cannot see what is beyond my backyard.
>
> It is exactly these type of situations in the science of astronomy
> that gives astronomers a bad name. For what astronomy needs is a
> leader who can guide the direction of astronomy. At one time Hubble
> served as a leader, until, Hubble found objection to Doppler redshift
> as a distance measure. And although Hubble then renounced the redshift
> as a distance measure, none of the pipsqueaks that comprised the rest
> of the astronomy community had enough intelligence to renounce the
> Doppler redshift.
>
> What I want to know with some accuracy, is just how good is the Hubble
> telescope or any other telescope in seeing the Voyager 1? Is it fully
> out of sight from any of our most advanced telescopes? And if so, at
> what distance did it become "beyond view"?
>
> Why is that important?
>
> Because with that distance we can translate that distance to
> resolution. A shining star or galaxy is different from a Voyager 1 of
> reflected light, but with distance the star or galaxy becomes equal to
> the Voyager 1. So that if this translation-factor is 90 million light
> years, implies that nothing we have seen
> in the night sky is more than 90 million light years away.
>
> You see, after Hubble, there seems to have been no scientist in
> astronomy with a ability to logically think and reason clearly.
> Because, if there had been a clear thinker, he would have demanded
> this Limitation Gauge of Telescopes a long time ago, and not here in
> March of 2013.
>
> --
>
> Only Drexel's Math Forum has done a excellent, simple and fair author-
> archiving of AP posts for the past 15 years as seen here:
>
> http://mathforum.org/kb/profile.jspa?userID=499986
>
> Archimedes Plutoniumhttp://www.iw.net/~a_plutonium
> where dots of the electron-dot-cloud are galaxies

Hello Archimedes Plutonium, do you know who userID "genios" is? Is
someone masquerading as you==AP while being "genios" and sending rude
stalking type email messages?

Fwiw, to all and particularly some "genios", I do neither trash nor
spam the group sci.math with off-topic messages. Learn to read and
know where I do post. If you don't like my posts, and I don't blame
you==anyYou, then learn to read posts made by only other Other OTHER
authors! It's easy if you try.

Enjo(y)... Cheers...
--
Mahipal, pronounced "My Pal" or "Maple"... as in Loops, Syrup, Wood.

http://mahipal7638.wordpress.com/meforce/
"If the line between science fiction and science fact
doesn't drive you crazy, then you're just not tr(y)ing!"