Topic: Matheology � 233
Replies: 37   Last Post: May 12, 2014 10:24 AM

mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de

Re: Matheology § 233

On 29 Mrz., 19:34, Virgil <vir...@ligriv.com> wrote:

> > So we have established the fact that an irrational number has no node
> > of its own.

> No number in any infinite binary tree has any node "of its own", as
> every node has two child nodes belonging to necessarily different
> numbers.

That is correct, but only establishes the fact that no actually
infinite path can be distinguished from all rational paths as should
be possible in a Cantor-list - but is not.

> > The first bit causes that the anti-
> > diagonal differs from 2^-1 of all entries and agrees with 2^-1, the
> > second bit leaves 2^2 entries and the n-th bits leaves 2-^n entries of
> > the list agreeing with the anti-diagonal. There is no bit that would
> > leave zero entries agreeing with the diagonal, since there is no bit
> > at position infinity.

> Thus there is always at least one bit of any listed entry disagreeing
> with the antidiagonanl, just as the Cantor proof requires.

In a list containing every rational: Is there always, i.e., up to
every digit, an infinite set of paths identical with the anti-
diagonal? Yes or no?

Regards, WM