Topic: An Arbitrary Number of Years Since Mathem
atician Paul Erdős’s Birth

Replies: 2   Last Post: Mar 31, 2013 3:36 PM

J. Antonio Perez M.

Re: An Arbitrary Number of Years Since Mathematician
Paul Erd?s’s Birth

On Saturday, March 30, 2013 12:56:42 AM UTC+3, Frederick Williams wrote:
> Sam Wormley wrote:
>

> > An Arbitrary Number of Years Since Mathematician Paul Erdős’s Birth
>
> > > http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=an-arbitrary-number-of-years-since-mathematicians-birth
>

> "In fact, a more fitting celebration for Erdős might be December 26,
>
> 2039, or 1,521 months after his birth: 1,521 is the total number of
>
> papers he collaborated on, which is more than any other mathematician in
>
> history."

Not only that: good'ol Paul is probably the only mathematician in history who published quite a few number of papers way after he died, mostly because many mathematicians just want to give a push-up to their Erdös number and it was, apparently, enough to have had a short interchange of words with him in order to associate him in some of one's own paper in the future. I, thus, have material for several joint papers with Erdös for the next few yeas...;)

Tonio