Replies: 101   Last Post: Apr 7, 2013 10:38 PM

dan.ms.chaos@gmail.com

On Apr 1, 11:31 pm, david petry <david_lawrence_pe...@yahoo.com>
wrote:
> On Monday, April 1, 2013 1:20:59 PM UTC-7, Dan wrote
>

> > On the other hand , if reality were infinite , only an infinite
> > mathematics would suffice for it .

> To paraphrase Kronecker: that may be good philosophy or theology, but it has nothing to do with real mathematics.

Tell me of a "real mathematician" who doesn't use analysis ... or a
geometer who didn't assume some form of continuum ... or a real
mathematician throughout history, Euclid included, who didn't use the
natural numbers .... the whole infinite set of them .

Date Subject Author
David Petry
fom
David Petry