Replies: 101   Last Post: Apr 7, 2013 10:38 PM

Virgil

In article <7882210d-d3fb-40bb-bf2d-3c083d4b9ce3@googlegroups.com>,
david petry <david_lawrence_petry@yahoo.com> wrote:

> First of all, I do believe that accepting falsifiability as part of the
> underlying logic of mathematics would have truly enormous benefits for
> society.

Unless mathematics were totally tied to the physical world, which is is
not at present the case, what mechanism for falsifiability within it
would you suggest? Even "P and not P" need not be false without
something like it.
--

Date Subject Author
David Petry