Topic: Matheology � 233
Replies: 37   Last Post: May 12, 2014 10:24 AM

mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de

Re: Matheology § 233

On 2 Apr., 02:01, Virgil <vir...@ligriv.com> wrote:
> In article
> <1dd2037c-407c-49f6-afc6-e00c1d853...@w21g2000vbp.googlegroups.com>,
>

>  WM <mueck...@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> > > One can "enumerate" the set of all rationals by formula, as has been
> > > quite often done, but not by physically listing all of them.

> > A formula giving every entry is enough.
>
> > > Note that one cannot ennumerate by listing even sufficiently large
> > > finite sets, so being listable other than by formula is not a relevant
> > > criterion.

> > Constructing a list by a formula is enough to prove what I said.
>
> And enough to disprove what WM has said as well.

Then try it.
What did I say?
This: After every line n of the list of all rational numbers there are
infinitely many rational numbers that up to digit n are identical with
the anti-diagonal up to digit n.

This holds for the digits up to every finite n. And more digits cannot
be expected to exist in any decimal representation of a number.

Regards, WM