Topic: Parameter setting for Genetic Algorithms (GA)
Replies: 1   Last Post: Apr 4, 2013 8:14 AM

Alan Weiss

Re: Parameter setting for Genetic Algorithms (GA)

On 4/4/2013 2:10 AM, Dua wrote:
> Besides the following 4 parameters, may I know what else are the
> critical parameters which may affect the performance of GA?
>
> 1) number of population
>
> 2) probability of crossover
>
> 3) mutation probability
>
> 4) selection rate

All parameters affect the solution and performance. That is one reason
GA is so hard to tune. I suggest you use patternsearch for optimizing,
it is usually faster, more reliable, and it is much easier to tune.

To see descriptions of all the options iin GA:
http://www.mathworks.com/help/gads/genetic-algorithm-options.html

Alan Weiss