Topic: date search and giving respective value
Replies: 10   Last Post: Apr 19, 2013 1:16 PM

dpb

Re: date search and giving respective value

On 4/4/2013 8:47 AM, sensation wrote:
> Hi there, i have date (hourly data) in my file in matlab serial data
> number and i am searching for a date I want as:
>
> idents1 = find(data1(:,1)>=datenum([2004 01 01 00 00 00]) & ...
> data1(:,1)<=datenum([2008 12 31 23 00 00]));
> tspen = length(idents1)
>

> for i=1 to tspen
>
> NOW I AM FACING THE PROBLEM
>
> HOW TO WRITE
> IF EP HIGHER or equal THAN FIRST OF JANUARY AND LESS THAN 1 OF APRIL (OF
> EACH YEAR) EP HAS A VALUE OF 0.62

What's EP? It doesn't seem to make any sense to set some variable w/
the value of a date (between Jan 1 and March 30) to a fraction like 0.6

All the rest seem as though would be solvable by an extension of what
need for the above so let's try to figure out what it is you're really
asking here.

How about a (very short) sample dataset? Shouldn't take but a
half-dozen to ten records to illustrate...