Topic: Help with UNIX() command
Replies: 5   Last Post: Apr 5, 2013 10:43 PM

Steven Lord

Re: Help with UNIX() command

"John " <atreides1234@gmail.com> wrote in message
> "Nasser M. Abbasi" wrote in message <kjkl4o$if2$1@speranza.aioe.org>...
>> On 4/4/2013 2:26 PM, John wrote:
>> > I want to run a shell script within MATLAB, but the script is csh.
>> > When I try running
>> >it in MATLAB it says /bin/bash commande does not exist. How do I get
>> >to run the UNIX command using csh and not bash?
>> >

>> When you explain a problem, it helps to also show what you actually
>> typed. No one can see your screen from here to figure what you
>> typed.
>> But may be this helps
>> http://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/ref/system.html
>> "system
>> Execute operating system command and return output"

> [s,w]=unix('to3d -session e126 -prefx 4244_run_01 -epan -time:zt 28 104
> 1800 altplus ./s1037/*MRDC*')
> /bin/bash: to3d: command not found
> That is what I run and the error I get. Using system produces the same
> error. The problem is MATLAB is trying to run it through a bash shell,
> and its a command for a c-shell(csh).

Are you certain that's the problem?

Where is this to3d command located? If it is in your current directory, try:

[s,w]=unix('./to3d -session e126 -prefx 4244_run_01 -epan -time:zt 28 104
1800 altplus ./s1037/*MRDC*')

If it's somewhere else, you will need to either use the path to that
location in your UNIX command or you will need to ensure that location is on
the _system_ path (it doesn't matter whether or not it is on the MATLAB

> I need to know how to get MATLAB to execute the command in a c-shell. and
> ! will not work either for the exact same reason.

Before we go blaming the shell without hard-and-fast proof, quickly check
for other causes that provoke the same symptoms.

Steve Lord