Topic: Re: Keystone XL: The Pipeline to Disaster - ADDENDUM
Replies: 1   Last Post: Apr 7, 2013 10:18 AM

Alain Schremmer

Re: Keystone XL: The Pipeline to Disaster - ADDENDUM

Thanks for ruining my day!

I knew things are hopeless and why. But, the article makes it
impressively clear.

Every teacher should read it to the students. To object that "we are
supposed to teach math" is like saying that we shouldn't tell our
students that there is a fire in the next door classroom because
that's got nothing to do with math.

I am going to reduce the argument of the article to a few sentences
and have my students read and react to it.

What the article only hints at, though, is that it is *we* who would
have to make the effort but it is *the next generation* that would
benefit. Unfair, isn't it?

Which is really why the situation is hopeless.

Rueful regards
--schremmer