Topic: help in genetic algorithm
Replies: 5   Last Post: Apr 8, 2013 4:27 PM

Alan Weiss

Re: help in genetic algorithm

On 4/8/2013 7:02 AM, mado wrote:
> i want to ask about genetic algorithm , i am using it to tune pid
> parameters but it gives different p, i d values in every running and
> it?s not satisfying , need your help
> i don't know is this problem of ga parameters or it's the objective
> function

The genetic algorithm is stochastic, it often gives different results
every time.

Allow me to suggest that you use patternsearch instead of ga as your
solver. It is usually faster, more robust, and easier to tune. The only
down side is you need to supply initial points. If you have finite upper
and lower bounds, you can try

x0 = lb + rand(size(lb)).*(ub - lb);

Good luck,

Alan Weiss