Topic: Recommended reading for WM Mueckenheim and others
Replies: 9   Last Post: Apr 16, 2013 12:37 PM

Scott Berg

Re: Recommended reading for WM Mueckenheim and others

"david petry" <david_lawrence_petry@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>The appendix to E. T. Jaynes' book "Probability Theory: The Logic Of
>Science" contains a lot of material relevant to Mueckenheim's discussion of

> >infinity. I suspect that WM has already read this.
>
>http://www-biba.inrialpes.fr/Jaynes/cappb8.pdf
>
>Here's a quote:
>
>"But the messages that Kronecker did communicate contained some very
>important truth; in particular he complained that much of set theory >was
>fantasy because it was not algorithmic

Silly, set theory is not algebra, and algebra is not set theory, they are
two different fields of math.

So why are you quoting a SILLY source ?