Topic: problem with matrix
Replies: 14   Last Post: Apr 8, 2013 4:47 PM

dpb

Re: problem with matrix

On 4/8/2013 3:13 PM, zack00 wrote:

> I have running signal and I need only 100 last data from this signal
> and plot it in time..therefore need a matrix with 100 columns to save
> this data

OK, my interpretation was wrong...I would call that matrix (while it is
one, yes) a [row] vector. So, while circular buffers are wondrous
things in some cases, this isn't one in the end as Bruno says.

You will have to do something like

while 1
y(1:end-1)=y(2:end);
y(100)=simulationresult(whatever);
plot(x,y)
end

There are many ways to get the same result and as noted above I suggest
reading the section under the 2D graphics on 'Animation' to see details
of ways to do this that aren't quite as compute-intensive as doing the
full plot() all over again.

You can update the [X|YData] vectors instead and then REFRESHNOW for one...