Topic: Re: Keystone XL: The Pipeline to Disaster
Replies: 5   Last Post: Apr 8, 2013 8:24 PM

kirby urner

Re: Keystone XL: The Pipeline to Disaster
att1.html (2.6 K)

On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 2:01 PM, Greg Goodknight <good@nccn.net> wrote:

> How about this dichotomy, Kirby... it'll either be transported by pipeline
> to refineries in the south of the USA, or by tanker across the Pacific from
> the west coast of Canada. As an Oregonian, which do you prefer?
>
> Math and science reporting is catching up with dioxycarbophobia, with
> fresh articles in The Telegraphj and The Economist dialing back the scare.
>
> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/environment/globalwarming/9974397/Global-warming-time-to-rein-back-on-doom-and-gloom.html#disqus_thread
>
> http://www.economist.com/news/science-and-technology/21574461-climate-may-be-heating-up-less-response-greenhouse-gas-emissions
>
> -Greg

As an Oregonian, I prefer they shlep the slimy stuff to Baton Rouge,
already equipped to refine it, or ship it as sludge in need of refining, to
somewhere far from Oregon.

http://worldgame.blogspot.com/2010/10/necessary-ruin-movie-review.html (re
Baton Rouge etc.)

We're into hydropower out here (BPA etc.), maybe sharing more grid with
Canada ("the smarter North Americans" [tm]).

I don't know if any Chinese companies get any more of it the way I'm
routing it (how much Exxon stock in Chinese banks?), so this preference may
not advance the "US vs China" plot line especially.

Fuzzy-minded "US vs China" is kinda DOA as a plotline IMO, though I do like
this Youtube:

http://youtu.be/CIo0wRyj8RU

Kirby