Topic: Comparing individual cells of matrix with another matrix
Replies: 6   Last Post: Apr 9, 2013 12:57 PM

Re: Comparing individual cells of matrix with another matrix

On 4/8/2013 5:47 PM, Avni wrote:
> I have a matrix A which is a 20 by 40 and matrix B which is 20 by 55. I
> am trying to divide each cell with matrix A with each cell in Matrix B
> to create a new matrix C. However, I am not trying to use loops because
> the program will take forever to run. I tried looking in to the bsxfun
> function however, it says i need both matrixes to be the same dimensions
> and I repmat does not really work.
> Could someone please help provide some guidance wit this issue? Are
> there any other functions that I could use that I over looked?

Well, what do you think should happen for the extra 15 columns of B that
aren't in A?

is one solution if size(A) is always < size(B); otherwise you would have
to pick min() of both.