Topic: ode45 mass spring damper solution
Replies: 2   Last Post: Apr 9, 2013 4:32 AM

Nasser Abbasi

Re: ode45 mass spring damper solution

On 4/8/2013 7:15 PM, Mark Rossi wrote:
> Having a lot of trouble understanding how matlab solves second-order ODE's.
>I have a relatively simple mass spring damper problem, but for the life of
>me I can't wrap my head around what .m files to write. Any help would be appreciated.

need to write the 2nd ode as 2, first order ode's. Then use ode45.
many examples on the net.

see

http://12000.org/my_notes/matlab_ODE/index.htm
http://12000.org/my_notes/vanderpol/using_ODE45_to_solve_vanderpol/index.htm