Topic: Fmincon: nonlinear binary problem
Replies: 10   Last Post: Apr 12, 2013 7:07 AM

Alan Weiss

Re: Fmincon: nonlinear binary problem

On 4/9/2013 9:26 AM, Bruno Luong wrote:
> "Anna" wrote in message <kk133a$9i6$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
>> Hello,
>> This is the first time I use Matlab's Optimization Toolbox. I'm
>> trying to solve a binary problem but it's not linear and I use fmincon.

> Never ever use fmincon for binary problem.
> Bruno

To expand on Bruno's answer, there is no Optimization Toolbox solver
capable of handling binary problems.

Your only choice among MATLAB solvers is ga from Global Optimization

Good luck,

Alan Weiss