Topic: Why is the number of decimation FIR filter states different with that
of number of numerator?

Replies: 1   Last Post: Apr 10, 2013 2:45 PM

Navan

Re: Why is the number of decimation FIR filter states different with that

Hi,

Polyphase filters are implemented by decomposing the original filter into several smaller filters that run on decimated signal. The number of filters is equal to the decimation factor. For an FIR filter the number of states is equal to (number of coeffecients - 1). So if there are say 6 filters each having 97 coefficients then you have a total of 582 (97*6) coefficients and 576 (96*6) states.

Navan