Topic: 0.9999... = 1 that means mathematics ends in contradiction
Replies: 24   Last Post: Feb 15, 2014 3:42 PM

JT

Re: show the cannonical base-one digital representation not God-am
hashmarks thank you don't do it again <endquote>

On 10 Apr, 21:07, 1treePetrifiedForestLane <Space...@hotmail.com>
wrote:
> see Stevin's _The Decimals_ for the ambguous case in odometermath,
> cannonically: ...0001.0000... defined isomorphic to ...0000.9999...

Why don't you like the hashmarks it is afterall what your dreamed up
numberline is made of, and YOU have to partition it to make any sense.
Since the reals is not baseless, but fractions are.

If you wanted to represent a binary 5 as 101 ={{{1111}}1} that just
will grove weirder with the number of zeros because there is no
decomposition into the base, just a freaking huge collection that may
or may not be a square.

Counting base 1 5={1,1,1,1,1}
Binary 5={{1,1}{1,1}1}
Ternary 5={{1,1,1}1,1}
Quaternary 5={{1,1,1,1}1}
Senary 5={1,1,1,1,1}
Septenary 5={1,1,1,1,1}
Octal 5={1,1,1,1,1}
Nonary 5={1,1,1,1,1}
Decimal 5={1,1,1,1,1}

I have not thought about representing base1(unary?) fractionals
becase
fractionals is superior to partitioning into base, but possible .{1}
for 1/3 and 3/9 .{{1,1,1} 9/27 .{{{1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1} what do you
think. This is the true nature of numbers collections and cuts, the
number line is just dreamed up. Numbers are baseless we partition and
create the semantics the collections is interpretated in, not the
other way around. And i show you the simples semantics for numbers.
Collections and cuts.

I have not thru about howto represent base1(unary?) fractionals
becase
fractionals is superior to partitioning into base, but possible .{1}
for 1/3 and 3/9 .{{1,1,1} 9/27 .{{{1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1} what do you
think.

Do you have any problem interpretate this numbersystem, in reality
though there are better representations more compact. But they are all
without zeros and bijective.

Date Subject Author
4/10/13
Read 0.9999... = 1 that means mathematics ends in contradiction
byron
4/10/13
Read Re: 0.9999... = 1 that means mathematics ends in contradiction
Jens Stuckelberger
4/10/13
Read Re: 0.9999... = 1 that means mathematics ends in contradiction
bacle
4/10/13
Read Re: 0.9999... = 1 that means mathematics ends in contradiction
William Hughes
4/10/13
Read show the cannonical base-one digital representation not God-am
hashmarks thank you don't do it again <endquote>
Brian Q. Hutchings
4/10/13
Read Re: show the cannonical base-one digital representation not God-am
[...]
4/12/13
Read Re: show the cannonical base-one digital representation not God-am
hashmarks thank you don't do it again <endquote>
Brian Q. Hutchings
4/14/13
Read Re: show the cannonical base-one digital representation not God-am
hashmarks thank you don't do it again <endquote>
Brian Q. Hutchings
4/10/13
Read Re: show the cannonical base-one digital representation not God-am
hashmarks thank you don't do it again <endquote>
JT
4/11/13
Read Re: show the cannonical base-one digital representation not God-am
hashmarks thank you don't do it again <endquote>
JT
1/8/14
Read Re: 0.9999... = 1 that means mathematics ends in contradiction
byron
1/8/14
Read Re: 0.9999... = 1 that means mathematics ends in contradiction
Pfsszxt@aol.com
1/8/14
Read Re: 0.9999... = 1 that means mathematics ends in contradiction
Brian Q. Hutchings
1/8/14
Read Re: 0.9999... = 1 that means mathematics ends in contradiction
William Hughes
1/9/14
Read Re: 0.9999... = 1 that means mathematics ends in contradiction
DrMWEcker
2/12/14
Read "the poster is not merely wrong but actually making no sense and even saying nothing"
Port563
2/12/14
Read Re: "the poster is not merely wrong but actually making no sense and
even saying nothing"
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/12/14
Read it simply cannot be avoided in "digital number bases, other than
base-one (where it does not arise
Brian Q. Hutchings
2/14/14
Read Re: it simply cannot be avoided in "digital number bases, other than
base-one (where it does not arise
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/15/14
Read the dog ate your sense of humor