Topic: 0.9999... = 1 that means mathematics ends in contradiction
Replies: 24   Last Post: Feb 15, 2014 3:42 PM

JT

Re: show the cannonical base-one digital representation not God-am
hashmarks thank you don't do it again <endquote>

On 10 Apr, 21:07, 1treePetrifiedForestLane <Space...@hotmail.com>
wrote:
> see Stevin's _The Decimals_ for the ambguous case in odometermath,
> cannonically: ...0001.0000... defined isomorphic to ...0000.9999...

Also notice how the parenthesis denote the digitplace, you see i have
no problem to show how the unary full collection is grouped into
subsets making the base for our symolic representation afterall
1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9... and so on are just groupings that our brain
learned howto work with in reality my hashmarks are there. And they
are the only archaic option to symbols.

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9
Have no other archaic representation then
1,11,111,1111,11111,111111,11111111,111111111
Unless you chose to partition the collection into subsets representing
digitplaces which you can see i have done above in thread.

Date Subject Author
4/10/13
Read 0.9999... = 1 that means mathematics ends in contradiction
byron
4/10/13
Read Re: 0.9999... = 1 that means mathematics ends in contradiction
Jens Stuckelberger
4/10/13
Read Re: 0.9999... = 1 that means mathematics ends in contradiction
bacle
4/10/13
Read Re: 0.9999... = 1 that means mathematics ends in contradiction
William Hughes
4/10/13
Read show the cannonical base-one digital representation not God-am
hashmarks thank you don't do it again <endquote>
Brian Q. Hutchings
4/10/13
Read Re: show the cannonical base-one digital representation not God-am
[...]
4/12/13
Read Re: show the cannonical base-one digital representation not God-am
hashmarks thank you don't do it again <endquote>
Brian Q. Hutchings
4/14/13
Read Re: show the cannonical base-one digital representation not God-am
hashmarks thank you don't do it again <endquote>
Brian Q. Hutchings
4/10/13
Read Re: show the cannonical base-one digital representation not God-am
hashmarks thank you don't do it again <endquote>
JT
4/11/13
Read Re: show the cannonical base-one digital representation not God-am
hashmarks thank you don't do it again <endquote>
JT
1/8/14
Read Re: 0.9999... = 1 that means mathematics ends in contradiction
byron
1/8/14
Read Re: 0.9999... = 1 that means mathematics ends in contradiction
Pfsszxt@aol.com
1/8/14
Read Re: 0.9999... = 1 that means mathematics ends in contradiction
Brian Q. Hutchings
1/8/14
Read Re: 0.9999... = 1 that means mathematics ends in contradiction
William Hughes
1/9/14
Read Re: 0.9999... = 1 that means mathematics ends in contradiction
DrMWEcker
2/12/14
Read "the poster is not merely wrong but actually making no sense and even saying nothing"
Port563
2/12/14
Read Re: "the poster is not merely wrong but actually making no sense and
even saying nothing"
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/12/14
Read it simply cannot be avoided in "digital number bases, other than
base-one (where it does not arise
Brian Q. Hutchings
2/14/14
Read Re: it simply cannot be avoided in "digital number bases, other than
base-one (where it does not arise
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/15/14
Read the dog ate your sense of humor