Topic: Differences in the curriculum
Replies: 17   Last Post: May 24, 2013 10:35 AM

ElizWaite@aol.com

Re: Differences in the curriculum
att1.html (6.9 K)

Hopefully everyone is paying VERY close attention to the mathematical practices.
It is not at all about what's in and what's out. It's more about how to deliver this content.
It is very dangerous to make a what's in what's out list because common core algebra goes WAY beyond what has been done in the past...everything is application/analysis/discussion/creating models...every..single..day.
Liz

Elizabeth Waite
AMTNYS Coordinator of Reps

From: Elise Teitelbaum <eet314@gmail.com>
To: nyshsmath@mathforum.org
Date: 04/12/2013 07:46 AM
Subject: Differences in the curriculum
Sent by: owner-nyshsmath@mathforum.org

Can anybody tell me what is in the new Integrated Algebra curriculum (for the 2014 test) that is not in the curriculum for the this year's exam?

Are there more topics that need to be covered prior to next year's early June exam compared to the topics that need to be covered for this year's mid June exam.

Is there a site that I can access to see the differences?

Spam
Not spam
Forget previous vote

Confidentiality Notice: This electronic mail transmission is intended for the personal and confidential use of the designated recipient(s) named above. This message may contain confidential student or personnel data or an attorney-client communication and as such is privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this message and any attached documents in error, that any review, dissemination/disclosure, copying, distribution, or taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete the original message and documents. Thank you for your cooperation.