Drexel dragonThe Math ForumDonate to the Math Forum



Search All of the Math Forum:

Views expressed in these public forums are not endorsed by Drexel University or The Math Forum.


Math Forum » Discussions » sci.math.* » sci.math.independent

Topic: Matheology § 246
Replies: 246   Last Post: Apr 26, 2013 2:37 AM

Advanced Search

Back to Topic List Back to Topic List Jump to Tree View Jump to Tree View   Messages: [ Previous | Next ]
Virgil

Posts: 7,025
Registered: 1/6/11
Re: Matheology � 246
Posted: Apr 12, 2013 7:54 PM
  Click to see the message monospaced in plain text Plain Text   Click to reply to this topic Reply

In article
<cfa34ebd-fbe4-45c5-8b31-26bba6d4c08f@s4g2000vbr.googlegroups.com>,
WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> On 12 Apr., 19:37, Dan <dan.ms.ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > >> 3) exists k  , forall n , d_n == q_kn
> > >No. That negation is valid only for all n =< k.
> >
> > Why ? This is NOT how logic works .

>
> But it is how mathematics works.


Only the sort of mathematics that disdains logic, like WMytheology.
>
> If  "=<" or "=<"  doesn't appear

> > in the affirmation , then there is no reason for it to appear in the
> > negation . Either way, a contradiction doesn't exist

>
> A contradiction does exist *if* d is not more than all d_n.


Since d is only a sequence of d_n's, it is, at last in one sense,
is nothing more than "all d_n".
But in any case, WM's "contradictions" exist almost entirely inside
Wolkenmuekenheim, and never get out.
>
> Forall n: (d_1, ..., d_n) leaves no digit out.


Out of what?

> Assume (sets of nodes = paths in the Binary Tree)

Not all sets of nodes are paths in most trees, including any trees
having more than two nodes.



> >
> > The Cantor set doesn't have your required structure .

>

>
>

> > Therefore,
> > swapping order of quantifiers is an illegal operation
> > .http://math.stackexchange.com/questions/201051/is-the-order-of-univer...


NOt necessarily in Wolkenmuekenheim, where WM does it far too regularly.
> >
> > Unless you've worked out exactly WHERE a contradiction occurs in
> > Cantor's argument

>
> > By the same token unless you've worked out WHERE and HOW my argument
> > is wrong,

>
> Your argument is wrong if d is nothing but the union of all its finite
> initial segments (d_1, ..., d_n), since for each of them the diagonal
> argument (which is only valid for the first k lines of the list) fails
> for all following lines.


What is the value of k immediately after which the diagonal argument
fails?

I'll bet WM cannot name it, nor even prove that there is a k for which
it works while for k+1 it does not work.
>
> If you claim, however, that d is more than all its finite initial
> segments, then I will present another argument.


Don't bother, as it will be even more wrong that the ones you have been
boring us with so far.
>
> So do you claim that d is not in the list but all its finite initial
> segments (d_1, ..., d_n) are in the list?


As ALL of the members of a list in the Cantor proof are infinite
sequences, there are NO finite initial segments listed.
--




Date Subject Author
4/12/13
Read Matheology § 246
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/12/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
fom
4/12/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
JT
4/12/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
fom
4/12/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/12/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
fom
4/12/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Virgil
4/12/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
Ralf Bader
4/12/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
fom
4/12/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Virgil
4/12/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
fom
4/12/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Virgil
4/12/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/12/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
fom
4/12/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/12/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Virgil
4/13/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
fom
4/12/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Scott Berg
4/12/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/12/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
fom
4/12/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Virgil
4/13/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Scott Berg
4/13/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Virgil
4/13/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/13/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Virgil
4/13/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
fom
4/13/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/13/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
fom
4/13/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
fom
4/13/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
fom
4/13/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/13/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
fom
4/13/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Virgil
4/13/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Virgil
4/13/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
fom
4/12/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Virgil
4/12/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
David C. Ullrich
4/12/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/12/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
dan.ms.chaos@gmail.com
4/12/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/12/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
fom
4/12/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
Ralf Bader
4/12/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/12/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
fom
4/12/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Virgil
4/13/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
Ralf Bader
4/14/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/14/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
Ralf Bader
4/14/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Virgil
4/12/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
dan.ms.chaos@gmail.com
4/12/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/12/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
dan.ms.chaos@gmail.com
4/12/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/12/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
fom
4/12/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Virgil
4/12/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
dan.ms.chaos@gmail.com
4/12/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/12/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
Tanu R.
4/12/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
dan.ms.chaos@gmail.com
4/13/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/13/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
Tanu R.
4/13/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
Tanu R.
4/13/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
Tanu R.
4/13/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
Tanu R.
4/13/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Virgil
4/13/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/13/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
fom
4/13/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Virgil
4/13/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
dan.ms.chaos@gmail.com
4/13/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/13/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
dan.ms.chaos@gmail.com
4/13/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/13/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
dan.ms.chaos@gmail.com
4/13/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/13/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Virgil
4/14/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/14/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Virgil
4/13/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Virgil
4/13/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
Bergholt Stuttley Johnson
4/13/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Virgil
4/14/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/14/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
Tanu R.
4/14/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Virgil
4/12/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Virgil
4/12/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Virgil
4/13/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
fom
4/12/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Virgil
4/12/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Virgil
4/13/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/13/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
Tanu R.
4/13/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Virgil
4/13/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
David C. Ullrich
4/13/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/13/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
fom
4/13/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/13/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
fom
4/13/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Virgil
4/13/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
fom
4/13/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
David C. Ullrich
4/13/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/13/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
dan.ms.chaos@gmail.com
4/13/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/13/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Virgil
4/14/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/14/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
Tanu R.
4/14/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Virgil
4/13/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Virgil
4/14/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
David C. Ullrich
4/14/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/14/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
fom
4/14/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/14/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
fom
4/15/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/15/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Virgil
4/15/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
fom
4/16/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/16/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
Bergholt Stuttley Johnson
4/16/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Virgil
4/14/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Virgil
4/14/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Virgil
4/15/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/15/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
Bergholt Stuttley Johnson
4/15/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Virgil
4/16/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/16/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Virgil
4/16/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/16/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
fom
4/16/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Virgil
4/16/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
fom
4/17/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Virgil
4/16/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Virgil
4/17/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/17/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
fom
4/17/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/17/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
fom
4/17/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/17/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
fom
4/17/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
Tanu R.
4/17/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Virgil
4/17/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
fom
4/17/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
fom
4/17/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/17/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
fom
4/17/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/17/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Virgil
4/17/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
fom
4/17/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
fom
4/17/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Virgil
4/17/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
fom
4/17/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Virgil
4/17/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/17/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Virgil
4/17/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/17/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
fom
4/17/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Virgil
4/17/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Tanu R.
4/17/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
gus gassmann
4/18/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/18/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
fom
4/21/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
gus gassmann
4/21/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
Ralf Bader
4/21/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
fom
4/22/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/22/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
Ralf Bader
4/22/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/22/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
Bergholt Stuttley Johnson
4/23/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
Ralf Bader
4/24/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/24/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Virgil
4/24/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
Ralf Bader
4/25/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/25/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
fom
4/25/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
Ralf Bader
4/25/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/25/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
Ralf Bader
4/25/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
Tanu R.
4/25/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
Ralf Bader
4/25/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
Tanu R.
4/26/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
Bergholt Stuttley Johnson
4/25/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Virgil
4/22/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/22/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
fom
4/22/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
gus gassmann
4/22/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
gus gassmann
4/22/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/22/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
fom
4/22/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/22/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
fom
4/22/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Virgil
4/22/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Virgil
4/23/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/23/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
fom
4/23/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/23/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
fom
4/23/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Virgil
4/24/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/24/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Virgil
4/23/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
fom
4/24/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/24/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Virgil
4/24/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
fom
4/25/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Virgil
4/23/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Virgil
4/22/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Virgil
4/18/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Virgil
4/19/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/19/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
fom
4/19/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
fom
4/19/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Virgil
4/19/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/19/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
fom
4/19/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
fom
4/19/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Virgil
4/18/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/18/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
fom
4/18/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Virgil
4/18/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
fom
4/17/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
fom
4/17/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/17/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Virgil
4/17/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/17/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
fom
4/17/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Virgil
4/17/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
Bergholt Stuttley Johnson
4/17/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
Ralf Bader
4/17/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
fom
4/17/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
Ralf Bader
4/17/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
Tanu R.
4/18/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
fom
4/17/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
fom
4/17/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Virgil
4/17/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/17/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Virgil
4/17/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
fom
4/15/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
fom
4/13/13
Read Re: Matheology ? 246
Virgil
4/13/13
Read Re: Matheology ? 246
Tanu R.
4/13/13
Read Re: Matheology ? 246
Tanu R.
4/13/13
Read Re: Matheology ? 246
Tanu R.
4/13/13
Read Re: Matheology ? 246
Virgil
4/13/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Virgil
4/13/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/13/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Virgil
4/14/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/14/13
Read Re: Matheology § 246
Tanu R.
4/14/13
Read Re: Matheology � 246
Virgil
4/13/13
Read Re: Matheology ? 246
Virgil

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in this topic.

[Privacy Policy] [Terms of Use]

© Drexel University 1994-2014. All Rights Reserved.
The Math Forum is a research and educational enterprise of the Drexel University School of Education.