Topic: "Overlapped" and "Stacked" layout in Histogram ploting
Replies: 1   Last Post: Apr 13, 2013 2:02 AM

Bob Hanlon

Re: "Overlapped" and "Stacked" layout in Histogram ploting

"Overlapped" plots two histograms with the same scale so that one would
"hide" portions of the other; the color differences show which one is
larger. Note that the colors for the diference change depending on which
histogram is in front.

"Stacked" plots the sum of the entries so that no data is hidden. Note the
difference in scale on the vertical axis compared to the "Overlapped" plots.

data1 = RandomVariate[NormalDistribution[0, 1], 500];
data2 = RandomVariate[NormalDistribution[0, 1], 500];

Table[Histogram[{data1, data2}, PlotLabel -> l,
ChartLayout -> l], {l, {"Overlapped", "Stacked"}}]

Table[Histogram[{data2, data1}, PlotLabel -> l,