Topic: Misner, Thorne and Wheeler, Exercise 8.5 (c)
Replies: 38   Last Post: Apr 13, 2013 11:57 PM

rotchm@gmail.com

Re: Misner, Thorne and Wheeler, Exercise 8.5 (c)

On Apr 13, 1:54 am, "Dono." <sa...@comcast.net> wrote:
> On Apr 8, 6:08 pm, rotchm <rot...@gmail.com> wrote:> > which again with [1] gives
> > >     r r''' + 3 r'' r' = 0
>
> > > So if you find some r(t) that has r''(t) = r'''(t) = 0 for all t,
> > > you're done. Easy. Take
> > >     r(t) = A t + B        [3]

> > Yes, thats a "trivial" solution  and as you hinted, there are others.
> > The general solution to this is
> > r = s(At2 + Bt  + C), which can be ~ at + b if its a perfect square.

> No, pretentious imbecile, what you put down is not a solution since r"
> isn't null for all t (while r"'=0).

1) ?? Didnt you see DvDM's reply to me? He agreed that what I put down
is a solution
to r r''' + 3 r'' r' = 0.

Try it. You can do it by direct substitution!! TRY IT !!

2) You seem to impose that r'' must equal zero. Why? It need not be.

3) Now, you seem to have also misinterpreted (your incapacity to
deduce) the notation of s(...). DvDM did understand it. You didnt read
those who replied to me? That is quite sloppy on your part.

4) Try again.

Date Subject Author
4/7/13
Read Misner, Thorne and Wheeler, Exercise 8.5 (c)
Guest
4/7/13
Read Re: Misner, Thorne and Wheeler, Exercise 8.5 (c)
Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway
4/8/13
Read Re: Misner, Thorne and Wheeler, Exercise 8.5 (c)
Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway
4/8/13
Read Re: Misner, Thorne and Wheeler, Exercise 8.5 (c)
Hetware
4/8/13
Read Re: Misner, Thorne and Wheeler, Exercise 8.5 (c)
Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway
4/8/13
Read Re: Misner, Thorne and Wheeler, Exercise 8.5 (c)
Hetware
4/9/13
[...]
Dirk Van de moortel
4/8/13
Read Re: Misner, Thorne and Wheeler, Exercise 8.5 (c)
Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway
4/8/13
Read Re: Misner, Thorne and Wheeler, Exercise 8.5 (c)
rotchm@gmail.com
4/9/13
Read Re: Misner, Thorne and Wheeler, Exercise 8.5 (c)
Dirk Van de moortel
4/13/13
Read Re: Misner, Thorne and Wheeler, Exercise 8.5 (c)
Dono
4/13/13
Read Re: Misner, Thorne and Wheeler, Exercise 8.5 (c)
rotchm@gmail.com
4/13/13
Read MTW, Exercise 8.5 (c), Crotchm reasserts his imbecility
Dono
4/13/13
Read MTW Exercise 8.5 (c) - Crotchm the poser puts his foot in his mouth,
big time
Dono
4/13/13
[...]
Read Re: MTW Exercise 8.5 (c) - Crotchm the poser puts his foot in his
mouth, big time
rotchm@gmail.com
4/13/13
Read Re: MTW Exercise 8.5 (c) - Crotchm the poser puts his foot in his
mouth, big time
Dono
4/9/13
Read Re: Misner, Thorne and Wheeler, Exercise 8.5 (c)
Guest
4/9/13
Read Re: Misner, Thorne and Wheeler, Exercise 8.5 (c)
Dirk Van de moortel
4/9/13
Read Re: Misner, Thorne and Wheeler, Exercise 8.5 (c)
Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway
4/8/13
Read Re: Misner, Thorne and Wheeler, Exercise 8.5 (c)
Rock Brentwood
4/8/13