Topic: Matheology § 224
Replies: 84   Last Post: Apr 20, 2013 4:43 PM

fom

Re: Matheology § 224

On 4/13/2013 11:19 AM, Nam Nguyen wrote:
> On 12/04/2013 6:59 PM, fom wrote:
>>
>> If you try to use it in a proof concerning the
>> theory of the natural numbers written in
>> the object language, then you have to explain
>> it in the signature and your theory is no
>> longer a standard theory.

> I've never said what I try to prove about cGC is a FOL.
> On the contrary, I've always claimed it as a meta-proof
> about a _meta statement_ . But that should constitute that
> I use knowledge outside the understanding of FOL as a reasoning
> framework.

Yes. I have been fully aware of that.

But, when people ask for standard explanations
and definitions, you simply repeat how you
know what you are talking about and fail to
provide those answers.

People ask for those definitions to be substantiated
because you are using unfamiliar representations.

In addition, the use of the qualifier "meta" need
not correspond with the usual sense of the word
when syntax from a computational context is being
used. That particular jargon occurs with slightly
different meanings in the professional domain of
logicians and the professional domain of computer
science. The "semantic web" (do they even still
use that term?) is not about defining meaning for
an uninterpreted syntax.

You defeat your own purposes by being argumentative.

In your defense, newsgroup forums are not going
to be very sympathetic places to obtain a review
of ideas.

Date Subject Author
4/12/13
Read Re: Matheology § 224