Topic: Matheology § 224
Replies: 84   Last Post: Apr 20, 2013 4:43 PM

namducnguyen

Re: Matheology § 224

On 13/04/2013 1:07 PM, Peter Percival wrote:

> Nam Nguyen wrote:

>>> The Paris-Harrington Ramsey-like theorem can be stated in the language
>>> of first order PA (FOPA) but it is not provable in FOPA. Nevertheless
>>> it is true. See the last chapter of Barwise's Handbook.

>>> So, when you write not undecidable, do you mean in FOPA, or some larger
>>> theory (like ZF)? As for chosen at discretion and impossible to know, I
>>> do not know what they mean in the context of mathematics.

>>> Is it S,+,x,0 or <,S,+,x,0? Just say yes to one or the other, or no to
>>> both.

>> Please, Peter. Before we go further discussing, would you let me know
>> if you understand my definitions Def-1 and Def-2, which would be
>> important in this debate about cGC?

> Please, Nam. Before we go further discussing, would you let me know
> if the signature is S,+,x,0 or <,S,+,x,0, which would be
> important in this debate about cGC?

That's a pathetic response from Peter on multiple accounts:

(a) Def-1 and Def-2 were given by Nam on Peter's specific request
on the the phrase relativity and Def-1 and Def-2 are _not_
dependent on any version of the language of arithmetic.

(b) In this thread _Nam has clarified already_ what language he has
been using for cGC, and the like.

(c) It does _NOT_ matter at all that Godel's language of arithmetic
used for the naturals number doesn't include the symbol '<'.
The argument about the relativity of the truth value of cGC
rests with the fact a certain predicate/function _set_ of 2-tuples
can't be defined in a finite manner or inductively, as Def-2
mentions.

Your (as well as fom's and Frederick's) insistence on the clarity
of which of the 2 languages "S,+,x,0 or <,S,+,x,0" is only a
buzzword smokescreen hiding the ignorance on the "_NOT_ matter at
all" I've pointed out. But in any case, I've clarified in many
occasions the language I used is FOL L(PA), of which the signature
you do know (right?).

Now that you understand which of L(S,+,x,0) and L(<,S,+,x,0) I've been
using for years, would you answer my question about Def-1, Def-2?

NYOGEN SENZAKI

Date Subject Author
4/12/13
Read Re: Matheology § 224