Topic: Matheology § 224
Replies: 84   Last Post: Apr 20, 2013 4:43 PM

namducnguyen

Re: Matheology S 224

On 13/04/2013 7:10 PM, Jesse F. Hughes wrote:
> Nam Nguyen <namducnguyen@shaw.ca> writes:
>

>> On 13/04/2013 3:18 PM, Peter Percival wrote:
>>> Nam Nguyen wrote:
>>

>>> No, I know of more than one signature for PA (and I wouldn't be
>>> surprised if there are others) so I'm asking you which of them you are
>>> using.

>>> I don't know.

>> OK. Let's cut the chase then: For L(PA) I've used what Shoenfield used,
>> which is L(<,S,+,x,0).

> I wonder why the heck you couldn't have said that several posts ago.

You should not have wondered why the heck that was the case because:

(a) iirc, for 10+ years around here, typical posters like Torkel
Franzen, Chris Menzel, Franz Fritsche, Aatu Koskensilta,
George Greene, Jesse F. Hughes, etc.. have not have to spell
out all the symbols of L(PA), all the axioms of PA, when they
mentioned _the familiar_ "L(PA)" or "PA" and there was no need
to spell them out.

Why should I do anything different from what typical posters have
done in this respect.

(b) What is the need for anyone to know exactly what the signature
of _the familiar_ L(PA) that one has to bother asking people?
What's the difference in this context? Would a choice between
2 versions of L(PA) that needs to be taken for granted hurt
any argument in this context?

(c) I could have suggested to them to read standard textbooks and choose
at will which signature choice they'd prefer: in this context it
does _NOT_ matter what choice; and so one doesn't have to be
bothered with.

Now that that has been spelled out, however unnecessarily, what's next?

Can you or they give me a straightforward statement of understanding
or not understanding of Def-1, Def-2, F, F' I've requested?

NYOGEN SENZAKI

Date Subject Author
4/12/13
Read Re: Matheology § 224