Topic: Matheology § 224
Replies: 84   Last Post: Apr 20, 2013 4:43 PM

namducnguyen

Re: Matheology S 224

On 14/04/2013 12:51 PM, Peter Percival wrote:
> Nam Nguyen wrote:
>

>> The difficulty in the Mx quantifier is actually a reflection on the
>> need of introducing to FOL new logical quantifiers:
>>
>> - Ix (There are infinitely many x's)
>> - Fx (There are finitely many x's)

> So called "generalized quantifiers" have been studied. Mostowski comes
> to mind.
>

>> And of one of the new "Anti-Inference" rules is:
>>
>> - From Fx one shall _not_ infer Ex.

> And Lukasiewicz used rules of rejection.
>
> So that'll be two more diversions to keep you from proving you claim
> about cGC and ~cGC being unknowable.

For the record, let me just say that you owe me a closure on my Def-1
and Def-2 about some F' being "relativistic" (see below) _before your_
_recent 2 posts_ .

I asked you more than once and you never bring a closure on the
concept of set-membership truth relativity which my entire presentation
would rest on.

If you don't keep your side of the bargain, why should I spend time
responding to you further?

So, I won't respond to your requests until you finish what _you_
yourself started.

A relevant conversation between Peter and Nam:

Nam:

>> Would you or would you not understand, in that example, that
>> the truth of a F' is relativistic as defined there?

Peter:

> An example is not the same as a definition. An example may help to
> explain a definition but it cannot stand in place of a definition.

NYOGEN SENZAKI

Date Subject Author
4/12/13
Read Re: Matheology § 224