Topic: Pairing two different values on one plot
Replies: 19   Last Post: Apr 18, 2013 2:44 AM

Nasser Abbasi

Re: Pairing two different values on one plot

On 4/15/2013 1:09 AM, PK wrote:
> Hi
> If I have two sets of data say
>

> Timestamp=
> 201203291200000
> 201203291215000
> 201203291230000
> 201203291245000
> 201203291300000
> 201203291315000
> 201203291330000
> 201203291345000
> 201203291400000
> 201203291415000
>
> and
> Data =
> 5
> 45
> 70
> 99
> 80
>
> length of both A and B is same say 700. Basically first value of Timestamp corresponds
>to first value of Data.
> Now I want to plot Timestamp on x-axis and Data on y-axis so that I can find
>the value of data at particular time.
>
> I have used
> plot (Data, Timestamp);
> but the output is awefuly different than ploting Data itself.
> Please help.

Should not this be:

plot (Timestamp, Data );

normally one puts time on the x-axis, as things normally are function
of time? When you do plot(Data), then Matlab puts i=1:N on the
axis by default, where N is length of Data.

--Nasser