Topic: Pairing two different values on one plot
Replies: 19   Last Post: Apr 18, 2013 2:44 AM

dpb

Re: Pairing two different values on one plot

On 4/15/2013 1:09 AM, PK wrote:

> Timestamp=
> 201203291200000
> 201203291215000

> 201203291415000
> and
> Data =
> 5

> 80
>
> length of both A and B is same say 700. Basically first value of
> Timestamp corresponds to first value of Data.
> Now I want to plot Timestamp on x-axis and Data on y-axis so that I can
> find the value of data at particular time.
>
> I have used
> plot (Data, Timestamp);
> but the output is awefuly different than ploting Data itself.

As others said, that's bass-ackwards--it's

plot(Timestamp,Data) to put time on x-axis.

To effectively plot time on x-axis,

a) convert the timestamp data to datenums via datenum...

>> ts=strvcat(num2str(TS,'%14d'));
>> dn=datenum(ts(:,1:12),'YYYYmmddHHMM');
>> datestr(dn)

ans =
29-Mar-2012 12:00:00
29-Mar-2012 12:15:00
29-Mar-2012 14:15:00

b) plot your date against datenum instead of your timestamp variable

plot(dn,data)

c) use datetick to display axis in time..

datetick('x','keeptick')

doc datenum % and friends
doc datetick