Topic: Pairing two different values on one plot
Replies: 19   Last Post: Apr 18, 2013 2:44 AM

dpb

Re: Pairing two different values on one plot

On 4/15/2013 1:44 AM, PK wrote:
> "Nasser M. Abbasi" wrote in message <kkg6na$kc5$1@speranza.aioe.org>...
>> On 4/15/2013 1:09 AM, PK wrote:

>> > Timestamp=
>> > 201203291200000
>> > 201203291215000
>> > 201203291230000

>> > 201203291400000
>> > 201203291415000

>> > Now I want to plot Timestamp on x-axis and Data on y-axis so that I
>> can find
>> >the value of data at particular time.
>> >
>> > I have used
>> > plot (Data, Timestamp);
>> > but the output is awefuly different than ploting Data itself.

>> Should not this be:
>>
>> plot (Timestamp, Data );
>>
>> normally one puts time on the x-axis, as things normally are function
>> of time? When you do plot(Data), then Matlab puts i=1:N on the
>> axis by default, where N is length of Data.

> as plot(A,B); plots A on y-axis and B on x-axis, plot (Timestamp, Data )
> does not fix the issue. only swaps the axis.

To see at least part of the problem and why you need datenums if want
other than ordinal x axis values, try

diff(Timestamp(1:10)/10E2)

at the command line and observe what you get...