Topic: ExxonMobil is still trying to "solve this"
Replies: 1   Last Post: Apr 15, 2013 10:42 PM

kirby urner

Re: ExxonMobil is still trying to "solve this"
att1.html (1.2 K)

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 5:57 PM, Domenico Rosa <DRosa@post.edu> wrote:

<< SNIP >>

> I would like to point that, starting in 1989, ExxonMobil provided
> extensive funding for the promotion of "math reform" and assorted
> "standards"--a campaign that has been an abject failure. There is every
> reason to believe that ExxonMobil's additional hundreds of millions will
> end up funding another abject failure.

I've been hard on Exxon too in the past. Not just them though.

http://controlroom.blogspot.com/2008/12/exxon-math.html

I admit to bias in saying I prefer the aesthetics here:

http://challenge.bfi.org/

Kirby