Topic: Pairing two different values on one plot
Replies: 19   Last Post: Apr 18, 2013 2:44 AM

PK

Re: Pairing two different values on one plot

dpb <none@non.net> wrote in message <kkhh4h$h36$1@speranza.aioe.org>...
> On 4/15/2013 1:44 AM, PK wrote:

> >> can find

> >> Should not this be:
> >>
> >> plot (Timestamp, Data );
> >>
> >> normally one puts time on the x-axis, as things normally are function
> >> of time? When you do plot(Data), then Matlab puts i=1:N on the
> >> axis by default, where N is length of Data.

> > as plot(A,B); plots A on y-axis and B on x-axis, plot (Timestamp, Data )
> > does not fix the issue. only swaps the axis.

> To see at least part of the problem and why you need datenums if want
> other than ordinal x axis values, try
>
> diff(Timestamp(1:10)/10E2)
>
> at the command line and observe what you get...
>
> --

thanks for ur replies.

However,use of
dn=datenum(ts(:,1:12),'YYYYmmddHHMM');
gives an error
" ??? DATENUM failed.
Failed on converting date string to date number."

I thinks the format 'YYYYmmddHHMM' is not valid.

if my timestamp were 2012-03-29-15-00, I could have used "YYYY-mm-dd-HH-MM".but its not the case.

again my time stamp are sorted and plot(x,y,'*') would not work either.
please help.