Topic: Pairing two different values on one plot
Replies: 19   Last Post: Apr 18, 2013 2:44 AM

Steven Lord

Re: Pairing two different values on one plot

"dpb" <none@non.net> wrote in message news:kkji6t$nub$1@speranza.aioe.org...
> On 4/16/2013 12:52 AM, PK wrote:
>

>> now I managed to get dates on x axis but it only shows the date not the
>> time. and the cursot tip still shows the number 7.~+005 with my data.

> doc datetick % specify format you want
>
> As for the cursor, don't know--there's a good possibility TMW hasn't
> implemented the conversion back to a date string from the datenum.
>
> doc datestr % to convert back
>
> Best I know is a callback routine that incorporates it but never tried
> it...

You can specify a custom display function for use by data cursors.

http://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/ref/datacursormode.html

See the second half of the Example for how to specify the UpdateFcn. Instead
of using NUM2STR as the Example does, you'd use DATESTR.

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com